About the job
Scope and Objectives
The therapist performs all massage and body treatments in a safe and professional manner, keeping themselves updated with the latest trends and servicing protocols, all in an effort to provide uncompromising experience to the guest.
Education And Experience
- Graduate from an accredited school of massage therapy.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a massage or body therapist.
- Experience and awareness of different, massage, face and body treatment protocols.
- Previous experience in 5-star hotel or day spa is recommended.
- CPR – Basic Rescuer
- Adhere to the Spa Policy & Standard Operating Procedures manual.
- Act as an Ambassador for the spa representing the brand values for colleagues establishing relationships with internal and external stakeholders representing the values of the brand and Accor. This includes maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of treatments, spa therapy and the facility.
- Perform massage and body treatments in a safe, professional and hygienic manner.
- Maintain ample inventory of necessary products to perform treatments, all in an orderly and neat fashion.
- Report for appointments on time and thoroughly review appointments after completing each service.
- Always maintain a courteous, friendly and professional demeanour with guests.
- Assist in the operations of the reception and thermal areas whenever possible.
- Maintain current professional license.
Administrative And Financial Responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate tracking of guest consultation forms and ensure each guest signs one prior to treatment.
- Responsible for contribution towards monthly retail and treatment targets.
Guest Quality and Operational Excellence
- Recognise arrivals of all VIP guests arriving in both the spa and hotel.
- Ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times.
- Responsible for driving the guest experience and communication amongst the colleagues orchestrating a smooth guest sequence delivery.
- Ensure guest / member preferences and special requests are accommodated to the best of the property’s abilities.
- Perform treatment following brand standards and contribute towards the spa is receiving positive ratings from guest satisfaction surveys.
- Maintain guest confidentiality at all times.
- Deal with any guest complaints, comments or concerns with discretion and urgency.
Talent and Culture / Team Communications
- Participate in daily / monthly communication meetings.
- Support the rest of your colleagues when requested.
- Understand and adhere to the Accor Code of Ethics.
Health, Hygiene and Safety
- Follow all safety procedures and practices of the property.
- Ensure guest / member satisfaction at all times by assuring safety and service is always the first priority.
- Report dysfunctional equipment to management.
- Report any potential hazards or emergencies so they can be rectified immediately.
- Handle emergency situations with urgency and discretion.
- Maintain peak conditioning of the facility at all times through cleanliness and hygiene.