About the job
- Assists the Head Chef with menu planning and regularly ensure proper inventory and managing of supplies.
- Ensures the kitchen meeting food/ hygiene safety standards, and that staff are adhering to sanitation rules.
- Prepares and cooks food considering all preparation/ kitchen styles
- Responsible for planning and directing food preparation in a kitchen
- Running the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Ensuring the team has high culinary standards
- Managing food purchasing and storage
- Helping create new recipes and write menus
- Prepares a report on food requisitions with the Head Chef’s approval
- Inspects storage room temperature and parameters
- Cost controlling by means of sufficient inventory of raw materials, portion control, implements measures to minimize wastage
- Updates recipe files on every kitchen unit
- Ensures that restaurant policies and procedures are properly followed.
- Responsible for staff scheduling for each week based on operational requirements
- Trains, guides, and evaluates the performances of his kitchen staffs
- Interaction with employees and keep track of the improvements.
- Effectively discipline underperforming staff members, as well as motivate the staff members to go above and beyond the expectations of their roles.
- Responsible for overseeing the kitchen staff, which may involve scheduling or dealing with personnel conflict.
- Assists employees/staff to handle operational issues
- Provides direct provisions which includes objective setting, performance management motivation as well as training and coaching
- Assists Head Chef with menu planning, inventory and supply management.
- Identifies needs and improvement opportunity
Education and Qualification
- Graduate from a reputable culinary college or institute is essential or equivalent apprenticeship scheme qualification
- Min. 3 years working experience within 4 or 5 star hospitality or restaurant background
- At least 1 years working experience of managing a team of more than 5 employees
- In depth knowledge of HACCP requirements and preferably with an advance HACCP certification
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent in Spoken and written English
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent culinary skills and people management skills
- Food development, Costing and Inventory management understanding