VMware System Engineering
Communication Service Providers (CSPs) (Telcos/Cable Companies) are looking to adopt virtualization and cloud-native technologies to transform the delivery of network services and become providers of rich Mobile (LTE, 5G, Edge) and IoT services, rather than simple connectivity providers. With a proven track record in virtualization, cloud technologies and services VMware is ideally placed to be a leading vendor in Telco Cloud solutions. As key infrastructure provided to CSPs, VMware engages with traditional and challenging Network Equipment Providers (NEPs) to help them understand and embrace the VMware Telco Cloud platform.
Our team is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
As a “Service Provider Senior Solution Engineer” within our team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Creating guidance to ecosystem partners, customers and field practitioners around VMware’s Telco platform with a focus on carrier-grade capabilities
- Collecting and designing the required solutions for our customers
- Engaging with field-personnel, partners and customers to ensure that the platform meets carrier-grade expectations
- Contributing to the development of demos, proof of concepts, and reference architecture
- Supporting Network Function partners in designing and testing data plane intensive workloads on VMware’s telco platforms
- Collaborate with Product Management to identify product improvements
- Someone with many years of customer-facing experience
- You enjoy continuously improving your specialist knowledge and like taking on new areas to support the team
- A trustworthy personality with strong relationship-building and communication skills
- Extraordinarily organized
- Possess strong systems thinking and excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal form
- Ability to formulate and deliver highly complex presentations
- Ability to balance and map technical and business needs
- Positive “Can Do” attitude
- Achieve cross-business unit influence and work successfully in partnership with multiple organizations in VMware.
- Based in Doha (Qatar) or willing and able to relocate to Qatar
- Five years recent experience in architecting and designing Data Center Automation and/or Network Function Virtualization Private Cloud Solutions
- You have hands on experience with core VMware vCloud NFV components (or similar competing solutions) and you are ready to add new products to your knowledge on an ongoing basis
- Understanding of cloud native application concepts
- Demonstrable experience designing/implementing virtualization platforms and/or service provider network environment
- You have expertise of network stacks
- Deep understanding of data plane applications including, but not limited to routing, EPC, SBC, routers, BRAS etc.
- Possesses a detailed understanding of NFV landscape as well as a deep understanding of customer and telco requirements (mobile, backbone engineering, residential access) (nice to have)
- Fluent written & spoken English Language skills. Arabic is a plus
- Familiarity with relevant standards from ETSI, IETF and other industry organizations such as ONAP, OPNFV et…
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: careers.vmware.com.