About the job
The main purpose of your role is to:
Integrate within Snoonu’s customer centric, collaborative, and innovative team of software engineers. Your role will be a part of a diverse, technical engineering team to develop world class software systems. You will assist the department you are assigned to, with tasks set out by your team lead.
You will have an opportunity to make high impact contributions as you build a hyperscale delivery and logistic system used daily by thousands of users in Qatar. To be successful, you must be passionate about programming and solving complex problems.
(Some of) What you will be doing:
- Develop and influence design, write new code, and gain experience in building and delivering a cloud-based service with many new algorithmic and scalability challenges.
- Implement good quality design and sound software architecture principles
- Develop systems that incorporates a wide range of technology in Cloud, Web, Mobile, and AI as needed to enable a forward-looking solution.
- Build agility and predictability in the team’s ability to respond to customer needs.
- Be responsible with end-to-end code development cycle
Attitude matters most but do you have any of these?
- Positive interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative, courteous working relationships with others.
- Excellent collaboration skills, problem solving and logical reasoning skills
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to present both qualitative and quantitative information in a clear, concise and persuasive manner to all levels of the organization
- Planning, Prioritizing, Organizing and Time Management skills.
- Attention to Detail
- Object Oriented Design (OOD)
- Systems testing, debugging and coding skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professionalism and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Able to provide strong and effective client support
- Initiative, innovation and instinctive commercial acumen
Do you have any of these too?
- Degree BS, MS or higher degree in Computer Science or related technical studies in this discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant industry experience, with recent programming and software design experience
- Hands-on experience with C#, Java, Python or PHP, and history of delivering web and mobile apps.
- Familiarity with relational (Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server), and non relational SQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, and CouchDB)
- Experience in end-to-end Code cycle development