Stantec is looking to hire a Mechanical and Electrical Engineer/Inspector to support for a Tower project in Doha.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with clients and contractor’s staff to determine and verify project requirements.
- Preparing inspection reports and site records.
- Performing civil and structural tests.
- Providing general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
- Identifying non-conforming works, generating reports and corrective actions and coordinating responses.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Collaboration and working as part of a team.
- Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
- Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
- Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
- Good communicator.
Client Service Management
- Internal and external client liaison
- Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
- Experience in utility diversions and management
Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and
- Project Quality Procedures.
- Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
Other duties as requested from time to time by the Assistant Resident Engineer.
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum of Total twelve (12) years post‐graduate experience with at least (5) years’ Experience in Consultancy (supervision) in similar construction projects.
- Previous experience, minimum three (3) years in Qatar
- To manage, monitor and interpret the contract design drawings and documents.
- To coordinate with various sub-contractors and other project trades.
- To be fully aware of Qatar Construction Code and specifications in relation to construction works.
- Day‐to‐day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors.
- To prepare reports, attend inspections, maintain work quality and coordinate with the project management team
- Accredited from the Engineers and Consulting Offices Accrediting Committee (UPDA) as a Grade “B” Engineer.
- Excellent in English (verbal and written) and communication skills.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: stantec.jobs.