Working with the Programme Management & Site Supervision Group of the Qatar office, this role will be part of a high-performance team.
To be successful, you must be a qualified MME registered Engineer, with a minimum 12 years’ mixed experience construction supervision in the delivery of (at least two) large residential, commercial, educational, medical/hospital and infrastructure developments. You will also have:
- Experience as a Site Architect for management, supervision and delivery of mega design and build projects.
- Experience shall cover the supervision of building architecture, fire-life-safety, façade/envelop, finishes, fittings and furniture, ID, soft and hard landscape.
- Sound understanding and implementation of Authority codes and applicable standards including Qatar Fire and Life Safety Codes.
- Knowledge and understanding of QCDD, Kahramaa, Ashghal and local authority regulations and guidelines.
- Review of contractor’s shop drawings, material submittals, method statements, RFIs, against contract drawings and specifications, local codes and statutory requirements and international best practice.
- Managing Inspection Requests (IRs) and assigning tasks for the Site Inspectors. Undertaking site inspection, as needed.
- Design and design review experience an advantage, including BIM/AutoCAD.
- Monitor quality works and assess the safety at site including health and environment issues, ensuring compliance with contractual / QCS specifications and safety and health risk assessment.
- Prepare surveillance report(s) for deficiencies of work found at site and nonconformance reports (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
- Ability to liaise and coordinate with the other multi-discipline project teams including contractor, subcontractors and authority liaison for design and construction approvals.
- Provide technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline related issues on site that may arise.
- Strong documentation skills, a thorough understanding of adherence to QA and construction.
- Middle East experience and a working knowledge of design and construction practices specific to this region is a must.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.