CAE Middle East is recruiting a SIMULATOR SUPPORT SPECIALIST who will be part of a team providing Support for a fleet of Full Flight Simulators and Lower Level Training devices part of a Flight Crew Training Center located in Doha, Qatar. The position will report to the relevant local Group Leader Technical Operations.
- Bachelor of Engineering with minimum of Five Years related experience.
- Knowledge of CAE software and applications including but not limited to CAELIB, STARTEAM, Strive framework, Visual Systems, SIM XXI, Simfinity, Launchpad, ITMS.
- Knowledge of C, C++ and FORTRAN programming languages and scripting languages (Perl).
- Knowledge of Microsoft development tools for Windows platform (Visual Studio 6.0 and higher).
- Knowledge of simulated systems and instruments/avionics interface including but not limited to SIM XXI, CAE R3 & R4 technology and 7000 XR.
- Self-motivated, dynamic, team player.
- Strong planning and organizational skill. Ability to adapt quickly to changes in technology.
- Demonstrate flexibility and strong project and assigned tasks ownership as well as ability to work and make decisions unsupervised.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good Knowledge of Windows Environment and PC hardware.
- Knowledge of simulated systems and the interface with Aircraft instruments and avionics.
- Good working knowledge of the following items: Operating system(s), Programming Language(s), Software and System Architecture, Software Development tools and utilities, Software configuration and Management Tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot & debug integrated systems.
- Good understanding of the relevant Configuration Management and Control process.
- Good knowledge of Flight Aerodynamics.
- Experience with Qualification Test Guide.
- Good knowledge of local and International Regulations (EASA), with demonstrated experience, as they pertain to Flight Simulation Training Devices.
As a Simulator Support Specialist, you will be responsible for activities in the following areas:
- Be the point of contact for any software related technical matter for all Simulators.
- Define and Manage Simulator Configuration Control.
- Participate in project reviews as required, review systems architecture to help ensure it meets requirements of project & lead s/w integration of the project.
- Lead and offer technical S/W support to other support engineers.
- Ensure proper communication within the team regarding simulator status and problems found.
- Debug, Identify and participate actively in solving Software/Hardware problems, Implement fixes (Local and from CAE Mtl) on all simulators.
- Short-term dispatch on AOG situation.
- Will be involved in analysis, review and acceptance of Current & Initial Master QTGs for Simulators.
- Support the recurrent running of Qualification Test Guide (QTG) & Simulator Flight Test Schedule (SFTS).
- Manage Authorities reports for ALL simulators.
- Correct QTG related deficiencies & Implement.
- As applicable, be the main point of contact to the relevant Authorities for all QTG related issues for all simulators.
- Support Service Level Agreement within the Middle-East region.
- Flexible working hours to fit simulator availability. Off the roster, weekday shifts mainly. Possible Roster shift work on temporary basis to replace vacation or sickness leaves when required.
- Interact with customers, other engineers, Authorities and air crews.
- Regional and International Travel may be required to support other TCOPS location.