About the job
The University of Calgary in Qatar is currently seeking Sessional Clinical Nursing Instructors for the Spring Term. This is an excellent opportunity for established nursing professionals and academics who are passionate about teaching in an international environment for a short-term engagement. Successful candidates are expected to be flexible to teach in simulation, laboratory and clinical settings.
The ideal candidate must have completed a minimum of Bachelor’s degree education, has recent clinical practice, and at least three years teaching at undergraduate level, in either classroom or clinical environment. A Master’s Degree is an asset. Registration with a government Nursing Authority is required.
The successful applicants must be able to relocate to Doha, Qatar in time for Spring term (applicant available for training late mid-April). This is a sessional appointment that terminates by June 30th 2022.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Provide clinical teaching and supervision in the laboratory, clinical simulation centre, and practice environments.
- Coordinate and organize practice learning experiences, including low to high fidelity and standardized patient simulation, as directed by the undergraduate coordinators and/or ADA.
- Work with faculty and nursing instructors in the design and evaluation of clinical teaching strategies and tools.
- Responsible for the use of simulation equipment and technologies.
Please note that this role will entail working evenings due to class, clinical lab, or simulation schedule. Flexibility in work schedule is required.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must be a registered nurse with a recognized registration authority.
- Baccalaureate prepared Registered Nurse; Master’s degree in relevant field would be asset.
- Minimum 3 years of recent (within six months) clinical experience.
- Strong clinical competence and health assessment skills (clinical certifications an asset).
- Strong knowledge about current best practice in clinical nursing teaching and learning pedagogies, including student assessment for practice experiences.
- Recent professional development and/or certifications in low to high fidelity and standardized patient simulation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments and demands.
- Ability to work collaboratively in diverse environments.
- Ability to work productively in a framework of operations that fully respects the laws, culture and religion of Qatar.
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (Health Care Provider Level C).
- Successful candidates will be required to provide copies of their passports (valid 6 months prior to travel), police clearance certificate, and academic/professional credentials. They will also be required to submit proof of medical and dental coverage for the duration of sessional engagement.
Preference will be given to Canadian citizens or those presently in Qatar.
Sessional Instructors will be paid in accordance to pay guide as per main campus in Calgary, Alberta. In addition to round-trip tickets (for those external to Qatar), perks will include overseas premium (non-taxable), furnished accommodation, and company-provided drivers.
All employment applications must be submitted online through our career page not later than February 15th, 202