OTIS Elevator Co.
- Responsible for marketing and sales of service contracts for elevators/ escalators/moving walks (primarily OTIS) for the geographical area assigned, sales of repairs, refurbishment/modernization packages and other services offered by the company and prepare necessary estimates (approved by the Sales Manager/General Manager) and quotations required for various sales activities.
Key Responsibilities And Duties (include But Not Limited To)
- Develop a strong relationship with customers by ensuring regular contact and an understanding of the customer’s needs.
- Complete all duties and responsibilities in a professional and timely fashion to ensure customer satisfaction. All activities should be in strict compliance to the quality procedures of Otis.
- Ensure that all sales targets & objectives are met or exceeded.
- On completion of the FOS, prepare maintenance contracts to ensure conversion of units from free to paid maintenance.
- Negotiate and finalize maintenance agreements, based on the price guidelines and approval of Sales Manager.
- Ensure timely renewal of maintenance contracts, with increase in price where possible.
- Ensure that outstanding/pending contracts are resolved in a timely manner.
- Follow up with the requirements of all contracts including “Special contracts” to ensure they are actioned by finance and service operation, as necessary.
- Prepare maintenance contract proposal for lost units and actively pursue it to achieve maximum recovery.
- In coordination with the Service operation, prepare estimation and issue quotations for additional repairs, up-gradating of lifts and modernization. Follow up with the customer and close the sale which is mutually beneficial to the customer and the company.
- Always negotiate for an agreement which is in line with company policies and company objectives.
- Maintain an updated log for all enquiries received for maintenance, recovery, repairs, and modernization.
- Report directly to the Sales Manager to ensure he is aware of any anomalies or problems that may require management intervention in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update the maintenance contracts database and provide periodic reports from this and other relevant sources to show the latest status of all contract activity. Update all information, as and when required.
- Coordinate with the accounts department and service operations (Service Manager, supervisors and field technicians and OtisLine operators) to ensure that the terms and conditions of all maintenance/repair/modernization agreements are implemented.
- Coordinate with the finance department with respect to invoices requirements for maintenance contracts and other chargeable works.
- Coordinate with the finance department and the Collectors for timely collection of payments.
- Monitor the late/non-payment of money due and report periodically to the Sales Manager.
- Strictly follow the safety rules and ensure that safety requirements are included in the repair/modernization proposals.
- Participate in safety activities such as safety committee meetings & safety training, audit whenever required.
- To adhere to principles of the ACE/Otis procedures/internal controls.
- To attend Code of Ethics online courses & obtain the required certification.
- To strictly follow the company Code of Ethics and report any violation..
- Do not become a member of any trade association without the express written approval of the General Manager.
- Never disclose or discuss any of the company’s trade secrets, price details or any other confidential information with any person, firm, association or any other entity for any purpose or reason whatsoever.
- Any other duties, as directed by the Sales Manager, which will help to improve the procedures or business activities of the company in the field of sales.
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Civil Engineering;
- Master’s degree in Business Management / Marketing will be an advantage.
- Minimum 5-7years of experience of sales in the field of construction, preferably in the elevator industry; or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
REQUIREMENTS: ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Good personality and positive attitude
- The ability and desire to sell;
- Excellent communication skills in English. Arabic is an advantage and preferred;
- A positive, confident and determined approach;
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection;
- A high degree of self-motivation and ambition;
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team;
- The ability to flourish in a competitive environment;
- A good level of numeracy
- A valid driver’s license.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: otis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.