You will be working as a Service Engineer and will be part of the Motion Business Area for Service Division based in Doha, Qatar. In this role, you will be reporting to the Sales Manager and will be responsible for performing on-time site services and providing customer support with the full range of quality services to develop Motor business in Qatar.
- Ensuring Field service is executed in accordance with ABB’s guidelines and troubleshooting manuals and OHS standards. Ensuring that the quality, engineering standards and safety are fulfilled all the time.
- Performing LEAP/MACHsense testing and taking lead in completing reports for presenting to the customers on time.
- Performing L3/L4 maintenance work at site for large medium voltage machines.
- Guiding customers on the right maintenance requirements and support the sales team to improve ABB’s chance to win future business.
- Ensuring that service IS database is updated after each site visit.
- Providing technical support for the field service team, project managers and front-end sales team. Co-ordinating directly with customers for addressing aftersales issues with the motor.
- Creating customer confidence to undertake onsite maintenance, and personally leading and guiding the team in executing it.
- Ensuring that service process follows ABB’s approved method statement, and all necessary details are properly documented. Ensuring necessary preparation before visiting the site and taking On-site ownership to ensure effective and accurate execution of the job.
- Providing the service with regards to the maintenance procedures and spare parts supply in accordance with ABB guideline thereby increasing the reputation of ABB and where applicable generating additional sales.
- Testing the equipment’s and tools to follow the calibration procedure/schedule.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business and following all applicable legal, customer and ABB’s health, safety and environment requirements all the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in field service for the testing, maintenance and visiting the sited for medium and high voltage motor machines.
- Knowledge in Motors, Generators and associated industrial applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: jobs.abb.com.