About the job
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Service Director – Spaces & Exhibitions. In this role, you will Manage all activities related to the SPACES business. You will lead and develop Fira Qatar Business Unit as well as oversee conceptualization, planning and execution of exhibitions. Additionally, you oversee the initiation and maintenance of relationship with key existing and potential clients as well as lead any business development initiatives.
KEY DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, identify, develop, and implement strategies and opportunities.
- Manage relationship with key strategic clients for business continuity.
- Plan, implement and manage budgets.
- Manage the profitability of the company.
- Manage the operation of the production base with scope of work for exhibition, events, display units and events services production.
- Manage the delivery of efficient production support in terms of cost, quality and delivery to internal business units and external customers.
- Evaluate performance and productivity.
- Analyze accounting and financial data.
- Manage client’s expectation with a strong proactive approach in identifying solutions and scope of work.
- Identify new opportunities and lead setting up of new production lines, by the procurement of production equipment and products solutions.
- Utilize and further develop the facilities of the factory to achieve higher efficiency.
- Monitor the sub-contracting activities of the company including strategic planning and allocation of such resources.
- Determine sources of supply and items to stock for the re-use by implementing a strong assets management system.
- Evaluate pricing, service, and product specifications to meet company and customer standards.
- Capture customer activity and contacts.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Degree in Business administration, Finance, or other related discipline (Operations Management, Engineering Management or Logistics)
- Post graduate degree such as MSc, MBA or PGD in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage
- Any relevant professional certification will be an added advantage
- Above 10 years of relevant experience in production or operation of exhibition-related industries with at least 5 years in middle to top management
- Advanced knowledge of event management concepts and best practices
- Good understanding of event management risks and safeguards
- Good knowledge of event management market players
- Superior understanding of service provider and freelancer management practices
- Excellent understanding of Qatar and GCC business environment
- Ability to work in collaboration with teams