An exciting opportunity to join the Qatar Aircraft Catering Company. In this role, you will be responsible to control the day-to-day running of Service Delivery Department. Ensure the smooth running of operations, the management of the department in relation to safety management, cost control, resource planning and operational change management and reporting. Deliver the best-in-class service as outlined by the customer SLAs. Responsible for department performance monitoring and improvement initiatives implementation, including staff performance management and improvement plan. Ensures fleet maintenance programmes are adhered to by coordinating with QACC maintenance services providers.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- Responsible for implementation of management instructions including customer service, aircraft delivery and handling, food safety, quality control and security measures.
- Ensures maximum productivity by implementing proper staff rosters (supply) for the department that match the work requirements (demand).
- Ensures that all staff are briefed, acknowledge and comply with work procedures relevant to the department.
- Reviews current procedures, develops and implements new systems and procedures to improve efficiency of the department to follow LEAN principles.
- Responsible for the dispatch of meals to the aircraft as per the schedule and in line with the hygiene and food safety procedures.
- Responsible for all deliveries to lounges, QR Towers and external delivery points as required.
- Implements and conducts appropriate safety and operational audit programmes to provide an objective, measurable assessment of the departmental performance.
- Assists the department in managing the maintenance program of QACC Transport fleet by coordinating with maintenance Service Providers with respect to the maintenance schedule and reporting of any maintenance discrepancies.
- Prepares clear reports with facts and figures in case of flight delays/accident/incident or any operational
- Emergency and Irregularity.
You should have at least a High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification / Diploma and 4 years of job-related experience or a Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of job-related experience. It is highly beneficial if you have worked in a large catering environment or a five star hotel and have knowledge and adherence of HACCP Policy and Standard Quality Procedures.
It is preferred if you have:
- HACCP Certification or Related Training.
- Sound Computer Knowledge.
- Good communication and in writing English
- Excellent knowledge of flight catering operation.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members.