An exciting opportunity to join the Qatar Aircraft Catering Company. In this role you will be responsible for handling an Operations Shift independently and able to control the department activities as a whole. Manage all operational aspects of service delivery department during the shift and ensure that products and services for flights and non-flights orders (Lounges, Crew training, etc.) are delivered to agreed standards within the budget and in line with the hygiene procedures.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- Implements management instructions including customer service aircraft delivery and handling, food safety, HACCP, quality control and health and safety. Implementation of full ramp safety program and the compliance of the department with all documents that should be used during training and monitoring.
- Suggests operational solutions by analysing systems and procedures that are currently in place and proposing alterations to current procedures to increase efficiency.
- Create new solutions for concerns that do not have set procedures.
- Maintain high quality of service during the shift.
- Meet with the airline representatives in relation to aircraft uplifts, staff movements and reasonable ad hoc requests.
- Responsible for implementing security instructions, safe working practices and procedures in accordance with QR policies
- Ensure on-time performance and effectiveness of the departments through defined procedures, controls and personnel management.
- Investigate, conclude and report incident(s), accident(s) and flight delays.
- Create appropriate audit programmes to provide objectives, measurable assessments of the department performance.
You should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of job related experience. It is highly beneficial if you have worked in a large catering environment or a five star hotel and have knowledge and adherence of HACCP Policy and Standard Quality Procedures.
It is preferred if you have:
- Qualification in Catering Management/ F&B.
- Previous work experience in a medium/large flight Catering unit leading a team of Operations staff in the position of Duty manager/ officer.
- Specialized knowledge of Catering operations and roistering/scheduling.
- Ability to manage the working hours and ensure productivity of manpower effectively.
- Ability to perform under high work pressure.
- Good Command over English language.
- Effective communication /presentation skills.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.