Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Works Inspector (Utilities) to join our award-winning team based on our project in Doha, Qatar.
This position is responsible for undertaking inspections on-site in accordance with the Utilities-related Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s).
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Attending to Inspection Requests (IR’s) submitted by the contractor and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Reviewing submitted shop drawings against contract drawings and specifications, local codes and statutory requirements and international best practice.
- Reporting any works carried out by contractor found to not be in accordance with approved drawing and specifications and report to stakeholders for appropriate action.
- Monitoring quality of works and assessing the safety at site including health and environmental issues, ensuring compliance with contractual / QCS specifications and safety and health risk assessments.
- Maintaining records for daily activities on site including progress photos and ensure they are readily available for inspection as and when required.
- Preparing surveillance report(s) for deficiencies of work found at site and nonconformance reports (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
- Checking and ensuring effective coordination between discipline-related works and all other disciplines.
- Providing technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline-related issues on site that may arise.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 15 years of work experience partnered with a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in an Engineering discipline.