We are seeking a Transport Planner / Traffic Engineer to join our newly established Transportation team.
You will be required to contribute to a variety of transport planning studies including transport master plan assessments, traffic impact studies, future mobility, road safety management systems and Intelligent Transport Systems. Additionally, you will be a proactive self-starter with both business development acumen and capability in client relationship and management.
The job opening is located in Doha, Qatar and offers exciting challenges and potential for career growth and development.
The candidate will be a degree-qualified professional with 10+ years of traffic engineering and/or transport planning experience, within the private sector or public sector.
Working with the Lead Transport Planner, you will be:
- Responsible for developing new relationships and winning new business.
- Assisting the growth of the team through business development.
- Ensuring projects are completed to client specifications, budgets and targets.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Degree in the relevant spatial or numerical subject and from an internationally recognized university.
- Experience in the production of transport plans and strategies.
- The ability to think at both strategic and detailed levels.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and an excellent solid understanding of MS Office tools.
- Ability to produce high-quality project reports, including technical documents.
- Ability to simplify concepts for clear and concise presentation of solutions through written reports, presentations and plans.
- Ability to communicate technical arguments to technical and non-technical clients and present outputs from studies to a range of audiences.
- Able to communicate in Arabic and English effectively, both written and spoken.
- Project experience in the Middle East (GCC) and familiarity with local trends, transport planning practices and standards, and experience with working with authorities in the Middle East.
- Practical understanding of the role and importance of transport planning in development access, citywide mobility and assisting people needs.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, such as high proficiency in listening and communicating.
- A positive demeanor that always focuses on improving collaboration and co-operation.
- Good communication skills, oral and written, including presentation proficiency.
- Ability to work without excessive supervision.
- Ability for self-checking &#CD# correction of work.
- A phenomenal teammate.
- Experience of traffic engineering, traffic modelling is an asset
- Experience in ITS, Road Safety Systems and Future Mobility Technologies.
- Able to learn and retain new skills quickly from a variety of sources.
- Open to travel internationally.