About the job
The job opening is located in Doha, Qatar and offers exciting challenges and potential for career growth and development.
The candidate will be a degree-qualified professional with 10+ years of traffic engineering and/or transport planning experience, within the private sector or public sector.
Working with the Lead Transport Planner, you will be:
- Responsible for developing new relationships and winning new business.
- Assisting the growth of the team through business development.
- Ensuring projects are completed to client specifications, to budgets and targets.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Degree in relevant spatial or numerical subject and from an internationally recognized university.
- Experience in the production of transport plans and strategies.
- The ability to think at both strategic and detailed levels.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and excellent solid understanding of MS Office tools.
- Ability to produce high quality project reports, including technical documents.
- Ability to simplify concepts for clear and concise presentation of solutions through written reports, presentations and plans.
- Ability to communicate technical arguments to technical and non-technical clients and present outputs from studies to a range of audiences.
- Able to communicate in Arabic and English effectively, both written and spoken.
- Project experience in the Middle East (GCC) and familiarity with local trends, transport planning practices and standards, and experience with working with authorities in the Middle East.
- Practical understanding of the role and importance of transport planning in development access, citywide mobility and assisting people needs.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, such as high proficiency in listening and communicating.
- A positive demeanor that always focuses on improving collaboration and co-operation.
- Good communication skills, oral and written, including presentation proficiency.
- Ability to work without excessive supervision.
- Ability for self-checking &#CD# correction of work.
- A phenomenal teammate.
- Experience of traffic engineering, traffic modelling is an asset
- Experience in ITS, Road Safety Systems and Future Mobility Technologies.
- Able to learn and retain new skills quickly from a variety of sources.
- Open to travel internationally.