- Acts as HSE-SA for the field area (Or Delegate)
- Acts as the On-Scene Commander in the event of an Emergency Response to ensure minimal harm to personnel, environment and asset
- Ensure that the services included in the FSO contract such as storage (3 Million barrels) and export (100 million barrels per year), produced water treatment onboard the FSO are done safely and in an efficient manner.
- Ensure that all marine operations associated to FSO’s oil and water import and export including Single point moorings and interfaces are safely and efficiently carried out to ensure strict compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage the marine activities in the Al Shaheen Field assigned complex (excluding platforms 500 meters safety zones) to deliver on short to mid-term business priorities.
Act as the HSE-Site Authority (or Delegate)
- To ensure the health and safety of all personnel on board and prevent damage to the environment and plant
- Manage all Downgraded Situations / Integrity Threats to ensure a real-time overview of risk level is visible, risk is adequately mitigated, and a robust recovery plan is in place
- Mange Safety & Environmental critical elements (SECE)
- Administer the NOC’s Permit to Work and other company Safety Management Systems to ensure strict compliance with company requirements and safe execution of all platform work activities
- Chair the daily Operations Coordination Meeting and monthly HSE committee meeting to ensure all personnel are aware of their safety and operational performance objectives
Manage the FSO’s production activities
- Ensuring crude oil import and export is carried out in a safe and incident-free manner
- Daily field production figures are accurately reported as per API standards
- Produced water management is such that its over boarding is minimized and where exported to platforms is treated with the correct chemicals and doses.
- Manage real-time loss-elimination / loss-mitigation processes to ensure production/reinjection targets are met and volumes are optimized at field level (in conjunction with the Operations Center)
Maintain the FSO’s availability by
- Ensuring planned maintenance, inspections, campaigns, projects and workovers are carried out in accordance with company requirements ensuring asset integrity and production optimization.
Ensure Operational Excellence
- Ensure that life on the site is conducive towards the personnel to maximize safe delivery of the company’s o operational objectives
- Coach and develop operational staff competencies based on staff development plan from HR.
- Contribute to the continuous supply of resources within the talent pipeline for succession planning
- Ensure all personnel have required training and competencies to safely fulfill their roles and meet operational excellence objectives
- Ensure relevant company policies, standards and processes have been fully implemented in accordance with industry best practices and compliance with local legislation
- Represent NOC appropriately and in accordance with code of ethics when interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Promote cost-consciousness across the entire network of stakeholders in order to embed a strong cost culture.