About the job
Primary purpose of job
- The Senior Systems Engineer (Systems Security) will join the team responsible for overall protection, confidentiality, integrity and availability of the ICT systems that supports QatarEnergy’s business operations. The new member is required to support and maintain the day-to-day security operations and system change lifecycle of QatarEnergy’s critical security devices, tools & services. The engineer shall provide senior technical support for all perimeter security devices whilst providing leadership & mentoring to junior team members. The role will be an enabler to the company’s success through development and implementation of security practices that create a secure working environment.
- Manage and support next generation and traditional firewalls.
- Manage and support VPN solutions (Remote access, site-to-site VPN, and SSL VPN).
- Manage and support email security gateways technologies as well as APT/ sandboxing security technologies in order to secure access from/to the internet.
- Manage and support forward/ reverse proxy appliances, SSL offloading and visibility technologies.
- Manage and support DNS and DHCP appliances
Experience & Skills
- Design and implement security controls in line with QP’s security policies to ensure information security consistency and compliance. In addition, develop methodology/framework for providing consistent and repeatable security controls architecture.
- Conduct security technology reviews to ensure security control systems are built according to security architecture principles and the established standards, and to ensure security control systems are optimized to maximum efficiency.
- Provide the required support to investigate evidence and other information in response to security incidents to immediately pinpoint abnormal activity and identify possible perpetrators if any.
- Manage, maintain configuration/availability and system lifecycle of key perimeter/internal security devices to ensure continuous business support as well as develop and maintain current system documentation and versioning to ensure up-to-date documentation of implemented technologies.
- Manage and support next generation and traditional firewalls, virtualization and networking for remote access such as VPN solutions (Remote access, site-to-site VPN, and SSL VPN), intrusion detection and prevention appliances, DDOS appliances, email security gateways technologies as well as APT/ sandboxing security technologies in order to secure access from/to the internet.
- Manage and support privilege management systems, Active Directory GPOs related to security, Public Key Infrastructure technologies to ensure cryptographic services (authentication, signing, time stamping, issuing certificates) will leverage the integrity of data and assurance of security in QP business operations.
- Manage and support DNS and DHCP appliances as well as cloud-based DNS technology in order to ensure robust access to network resources and the internet.
- Manage and support forward/ reverse proxy appliances, Unified Threat Management (UTM) based firewalls, SSL offloading and visibility technologies and cloud-based technologies when it comes to ensuring secure access to/from the internet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering field or Management Information Systems.
- 8 or more years of demonstrated experience in IT Network/Systems security operations functions