- Minimum Qualification:
- Bachelors in Civil/Structural Engineering – Master’s degree.
- Recognized expertise in the field of Structural Engineering of oil & gas facilities.
- Relevant years’ experience in reputed engineering consultancy or offshore oil & gas operating companies.
- Minimum years of recent past hands-on experience in Structural Engineering for offshore facilities field project environment.
- Good sense of team spirit, leadership, strong interpersonal & soft communication skills..
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written).
- The Senior Structural Engineer will hold a commensurate amount of responsibility to coordinate the readiness of the project from the EPC Contractor.
- To drive an Incident Free environment, maintaining a strong safety culture; compliance with HSE rules.
- To carry out studies from FEED to detailed engineering up by supervising engineering contractors’ teams and other company engineers as required.
- To liaise with company stakeholders, Technical Reference Persons and committees, and other company departments.
- To provide Structural design, management and oversight, operating know-how and peer review within company departments (including Field Operations and Planning & Development) for new facilities and modification of existing facilities.
- To employ a holistic approach to ensure fit-for-purpose, optimal solutions for the company. Prepare/review scopes of work for the same.
- Provide input, support, and participation to/in engineering safety reviews and be responsible for action resolution.
- Execute and/or coordinate necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions.
- Carry out simplified and detailed stress analysis calculations and checks [using both manuals and recognized structural engineering software].
- Ensure that Contractors submit all deliverables on time and verify that they achieve company quality expectations.
- Define and ensure the submission of weekly reports by EPC Contractor.
- Track EPC Contractor Engineering, procurement and fabrication deliveries, in close relation with the Project team.
- Ensure safe, timely and on-budget completion of the project.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a professional manner and in compliance with company values, policies, specifications and procedures.
- Undertake quality and safety audits of projects, worksites and contractors’ organizations as required.