Stantec is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to support on an underground parking lot as well as landscaping on the surface level in Doha.
Key Tasks and Duties:
- Managing the Structural design of the project(s)
- Design review and conformance
- Prepare reports Weekly/Monthly, design drawings and specifications
- Structural Presentations where applicable
- Making Structural calculations – loads and stresses
- Calculate the pressures, stresses, and strains that each component will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
- Selecting appropriate construction materials
- Providing technical advice
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by Contractors and Sub-Contractors/ Specialists
- Administering contracts
- Inspecting conditions/foundations/Structural works on site
- Analyze configurations of the basic structural components of the building or other structure(s);
- Consider the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and Masonry, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of Structural Design.
- Liaise with all other design disciplines, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept at construction;
- Examine structures at risk and advise how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective items.
- Make drawings, specifications, and computer models of structures for Client, Contractor and or Specialists;
- Work with Geotechnical Engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyze results of soil sample and in-situ tests;
- Liaise with Construction Contractors to ensure that all components erected are structurally sound;
- Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines: Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Chartership, Membership or Professional Certification of a recognized Institute or equivalent.
- Minimum 20 years’ experience with 7 on a similar project.
- Ability to work independently under changing environments, multi-task, prioritize, plan and achieve project tasks.
- Ability to work with contractors at the site and with any other necessary parties.
To apply for this job please visit stantec.jobs.