Stantec is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to support on a tower in Qatar.
Key Tasks and Duties:
- Managing the Structural design of the project(s)
- Design review and conformance
- Prepare reports Weekly/Monthly, design drawings and specifications
- Structural Presentations where applicable
- Making Structural calculations – loads and stresses
- Calculate the pressures, stresses, and strains that each component will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
- Selecting appropriate construction materials
- Providing technical advice
- Monitoring and inspecting work are undertaken by Contractors and Sub-Contractors/ Specialists
- Inspecting conditions/foundations/Structural works on site
- Analyze configurations of the basic structural components of the building or other structure(s);
- Consider the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and Masonry, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of Structural Design.
- Liaise with all other design disciplines, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept at construction;
- Examine structures at risk and advise how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective items.
- Make drawings, specifications, and computer models of structures for Client, Contractor and or Specialists;
- Work with Geotechnical Engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyze results of soil sample and in-situ tests;
- Liaise with Construction Contractors to ensure that all components erected are structurally sound;
- Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures
- Degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum Total of fifteen (15) years post‐graduate experience in building construction with at least
- (7) years’ Experience in Consultancy (supervision) as a Structural Engineer or Equivalent for similar projects.
- Previous experience, minimum five (5) years in Qatar
- Possess appropriate technical background and ability to control the contractor’s and subcontractors’ conformance with the contract documents Including drawings. specifications, etc.
This includes a working knowledge of local and international specifications that may relate to the work.
- Responsible for the contractor’s conformance to the Public Works Authority requirements of time, cost and quality in accordance with the contract documents and other related government documents and publications.
- Accredited from the Engineers and Consulting Offices Accrediting Committee (UPDA) as a Grade
- “A” Civil Engineer (supervision).
- Candidate must be an Arabic speaker
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: stantec.jobs.