About the job
JOB PURPOSE-QF Strategy and Impact Directorate
To provide strategic insight and expertise that help advance QF’s strategic objectives by working with entities across the organization to inform strategic planning and implementation efforts.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Lead and design integrated workshops and strategy design sessions for QF entities serving as an invaluable resource for strategic guidance and planning efforts
- Gather critical data to ensure strategies are underpinned by evidence and analytics
- Provide inventive ideas and approaches to ensure partners can achieve their intended objectives
- Act as an effective go-between technical teams, analysts, and evaluation experts to inform data-driven planning and course correction exercises
- Review and use data and intelligence from QF entities and information providers relevant to human and social development to advance strategic undertakings of the organization
- Undertake and use research to appraise the foundation’s programmatic and operational offerings and present sound evidence-based summaries and actionable recommendations
- Assess policies, programmes and strategies to improve social and health outcomes as defined in the QF strategy framework
- Identify trends, and perform gap and root-cause analysis to determine areas of opportunity and priority for services improvement and more cost-effective delivery
- Present sophisticated written and verbal reports of evaluative findings and key recommendations to improve strategic planning and execution activities
- Provide subject-matter expertise and strategic analysis that support management in prioritizing and decision-making across thematic areas in-line with the QF strategy and national priorities
- Stay abreast of developments across sectors and the work of QF entities to inform strategic initiatives development and implementation efforts
- Liaise with Impact Advisory and Performance & Evaluation Teams providing insights into organizational strategic plans that can inform the work of other functions.
- Organize and facilitate training sessions and materials for preparers of strategic plans and business plans ensuring that corporate strategies are fully integrated into divisional/departmental strategic long-term plans.
- Support the Manager in preparing Strategy & Planning Department strategic plans, reports and updates for the department and leadership
- Develop any other ad-hoc strategy analysis, feasibility studies and presentations as required
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field & 6-8 years of relevant full-time work experience
- Seasoned strategic thinking skills with a strong grasp of the latest strategic frameworks and experience in applying them
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to deal with complex problems in a structured way, adept at modelling (including financial) and preparing conceptual frameworks and considerable experience conducting research e.g., industry analysis, value chain analysis and business feasibility studies, etc.
- Experience in a broad range of management functions, such as governance, marketing, HR, finance, IT etc. and to understand how these impact an organization’s performance.
- Exemplary interpersonal communication, presentation, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications