About the job
About The Role
You will be responsible to organize and control stores/stocks in a professional manner ensuring prompt, efficient and quality service to the concerned units including but not limited to ordering, receiving, storing, issuing and securing of maintenance items as per the department requirements and in line with company policy.
- Receives all incoming shipments, verifies and inspects for conformity to appropriate purchase orders.
- Notifies and delivers received items to concerned team members.
- Receives, classifies and credits returned or reclaimed materials, supplies and equipment and replaces them in stock according to the existing storage system
- Unpacks materials, supplies, tools and equipment, verifies articles received against packing list and purchase orders, counts or weights the articles, store items in prescribed bins, racks, shelves etc.
- Issue materials from stock following the issuance methods (FIFO).
- Stages materials, supplies and equipment for issue to the customers.
- Determine material requirements from general item descriptions or from construction drawings or specifications check availability in the stock and liaise with Procurement Department for purchase of items which are not in stock.
- Prepare monthly recharge statements for material consumed.
- Stocking of all materials received into the store
- Conducts monthly physical stock taking and cycle count of stores as per schedule.
- Maintain records of stocks received and issued, raise request for purchase when supplies reach safety stock levels.
- Coordinates with accounts / internal audit and participate in annual physical inventory verification process.
- Prepares purchase requisitions to maintain adequate inventory of materials/supplies and initiates special orders for materials and parts for special projects.
- Generates re-order of inventory supplies and materials via Oracle based inventory management system.
- Prepares/creates forms/records and obtains necessary acknowledgment for stocks issued.
- Labeling of items for storage as required, prepares receiving reports and requisitions.
- Maintains the stock area and other work area in stores in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensures the safety and security of equipment/supplies kept in store areas through due diligence.
- Process the return of rejected materials to vendors.
- Coordinate and ensure disposal of the materials identified to be scrapped or junked.
- Contributes to the continuous update to the SOP complying with the stores functions and ensure all actions at stated in the responsibilities are always within the boundaries of such SOP (including finance policy governing handling of inventory stores)
- Actively participates in the periodic cycle count of the CS Stores and ensure NIL discrepancies.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements.