Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Working within the Programme Management group, this position offers a variety of work and will see you involved in the following responsibilities:
To be successful, you must be a qualified MMUP registered Grade A Architect, with a minimum 15 years’ mixed experience construction supervision in the delivery of (at least two) large residential, commercial, educational, medical/hospital and infrastructure developments. You will also have:
- Experience as an Architectural in delivering megastructure design & build projects.
- Monitor quality of works and assess the safety at site including health and environmental issues, ensuring compliance with contractual / QCS specifications and safety and health risk assessments.
- Knowledge and understanding of QCDD, Kahramaa, Ashghal and local authority regulations and guidelines.
- Review of contractor’s shop drawings, material submittals, method statements, RFIs, against contract drawings and specifications, local codes and statutory requirements and international best practice.
- Attending to Inspection Requests (IR’s) submitted by the contractor and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Sound understanding and implementation of Authority codes and applicable standards including Qatar Fire and Life Safety Codes.
- Prepare surveillance report(s) for deficiencies of work found at site and nonconformance reports (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
- Ability to liaise and coordinate with the other multi-discipline project teams including contractor, subcontractors and authority liaison for design and construction approvals.
- Provide technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline related issues on site that may arise.
- Monitor the testing & commissioning activities of the mechanical systems.
- Strong documentation skills, thorough understanding of adherence to QA and construction
- Middle East experience and a working knowledge of design and construction practices specific to this region is a must.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic.