- The Senior Resident Engineer shall be responsible to lead and supervise a team of multi engineering disciplines staff and contractor. Should have a good background in planning, to be able to continuously advise the contractor on the adequacy of his resources.
- Performs difficult and complex field engineering assignments involving the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of a construction project.
- Advise on contractual and construction matters. Liaise with Department and approve Contractor’s submissions. Coordinate forward planning.
- Be fully conversant with the Contract Terms and Conditions. Implement the terms and conditions of Contract.
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees. Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with the discipline design engineering staff. Reviews and interprets discipline design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work.
- Organizes the accumulation of assigned discipline data for the final project turnover and report.
- Initiates and maintains records, back-charge procedures, progress reports, etc., as required.
- Manages the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals. Keeps alert to possible problem areas and takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
- Ensures the use of sound construction practices to attain required quality control at the maximum efficiency and minimum cost.
- Prepares periodic reports summarizing progress of construction activities for higher-level management and clients, including formal presentations.
- Ensures effective implementation of all company and client policies and procedures, including labor relations policies.
- Serves as the primary contact with client representatives, subcontractors, and government representatives for construction-related activities. Maintains strong client and community relations.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil engineering from an accredited University with Professional Qualifications from a recognized International Institution and with a professional career development records all as approved by the Engineer.
- He has to be chartered / licensed from an international professional engineering society (ICE, PE…etc.) or association with proof of active involvement and participation with the international engineering society.
- Minimum 20 years demonstrable experience, of which 12 years in a managerial or technical lead capacity in similar works, managing all aspects of construction management, supervision, project administration with proven record of success of similar infrastructure, sewerage, surface & ground water networks projects is a must.
- The successful candidate should demonstrate proven fast track delivery of similar projects and strong proactive leadership skills.
- Membership of an accredited Project Management Institution would be advantage.
- Chartered Engineer in the United Kingdom or any other recognized Professional Institution, all to the approval of the Engineer.
- Experience must include all Health & Safety and Environmental Protection aspects of the construction of similar surface and ground water networks projects.
- It is an essential requirement to have previous experience in managing similar l open cut and micro tunneling surface & ground water networks under Design & Build projects undertaken within the city.
- Must be able to demonstrate the extent of his/ her knowledge and experience in respect of international construction/ contract law, contract administration procedure staff management, hold a perceptive understanding of Public Authority procedures and be capable of interpreting statutes, code ordinances and regulations
- Must demonstrate experience in respect of the technical and financial proposals, evaluation and constructability, technology deployment and solving technical problem that may arise during construction.
- Must have a strong leadership to lead project management team of inter disciplines and successful fast track delivery results.
- Knowledge and ability to understand, lead, make appropriate decision on the responsibilities to progress the work mentioned in each of the staff requirement responsibility.