About the job
About The Role
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high!
With an extensive global network, highly-experienced staff and premium facilities, Qatar Airways Cargo offers a high-quality air freight service to our growing list of customers around the world.
With our continuous growth, we are pleased to announce an incredibly exclusive and exciting opportunity to join our Cargo Operations Team in Doha as a Senior Regional Cargo Network Operations Officer.
The role will be responsible to monitor and support all cargo operations across the Qatar Airways Network in coordination with the regional operations teams, and under the guidance of the Regional Network Operations Managers. This relates to effective engagement and supervision of all cargo handling agents and ground service provider activities, to ensure that the highest levels of service are provided and maintained in accordance with the airlines requirements and procedures.
Some Of The Tasks Include
- Continuously monitor standards and performance across the region at station level. Support improvement projects based on the historical trends in collaboration with the regional team and Station GHA’s to improve quality of service and operational standards of Qatar Airways Cargo. To ensure that the performance review conference calls/meeting are conducted periodically with the QR Cargo regional teams/GHAs as per the set standards with proper action and corrective plans as an end result.
- Act as a support interface between IT/CROAMIS, Hub (QR Cargo and GHA) teams and regional teams on system, process development and change management to drive automation improvements in the regions.
- Support the actioning of AQD’s as per the agreed timelines, and ensure proper corrective and preventive actions are implemented with the support of QR Cargo Safety team.
- Support and monitor the implementation of standard operating procedures (SOP) with the GHA’s to ensure smooth cargo operations in the region.
- Conduct frequent station visits and undertake performance review meetings with the Ground Handling Agent.
- Act as a key point of contact with Network Handling Partners for purposes of investigations, operational feedback, escalation or general queries.
- Ensure discrepancies and non-conformances are minimized in order to reduce claims and penalties at the respective station to increase customer satisfaction and reduce carrier liability.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of experience within the airline/GHA operational support roles.
- Good knowledge of operational system and processes in GHA support roles
- Strong understanding of project management and aviation safety and security
- Prior experience in freighter operations handling the B747F, B777F and A330F freighter aircraft.
- Experience in weight and balance function is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Strong command of the English language
- Team oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment