About the job
- Perform the Data Reconciliation process in a timely and accurate basis to ensure that the imbalance remains within the agreed Control Limits across onshore Qatargas operated facilities and common shared facilities in alignment with all procedures in place
Job Context & Major Challenges
- Complex technical and commercial environment both within Company Ventures and Common storage and loading facilities.
- Timely and accurate reporting of all official reconciled production numbers to various internal and external customers as part of routine reporting and/or ad-hoc queries.
- The position is performing the reconciliation for any of Qatargas production facilities (LNG trains) and operated by facilities (Sales Gas trains, Laffan Refineries, Barzan Trains) including the interests in the common shared facilities (such as Helium, FAPEX, CSF, CCSL, CLPG, CLLNG, JBOG, CVOC and others) and any future expansions.
- Although the incumbent has no direct financial responsibility the position handles data that could have large financial implications for Qatargas if incorrectly calculated or interpreted.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Responsible for reconciliation of the Qatargas mass, energy and composition related balances to ensure that the official figures used for the generation of the product allocation and financial reports are accurate and timely reported.
- Perform on a daily and monthly basis, analysis of the results of reconciliation and identifies potential mismeasurement and follow-up with technical for a resolution or / and miss-measurement report for each concern.
- Identify and assess the reconciliation problems using gas / LNG production process knowledge and proactive analytical skills to ensure accurate data is used in other processes that depend on this data.
- Work closely with operation and other parties to address any concerns raised during reconciliation process, for example, mismeasurement reports.
- Assist and provides back-up to any reconciliation related activities.
- Prepare and deliver on timely manner within the agreed deadlines the reconciliation related reports.
- Configure and maintains the Sigmafine Data reconciliation models that are used to perform the daily plant reconciled balances.
- Compiles reconciliation procedures and guidelines to ensure conformance to pace setter data reconciliation standards and maintain the procedure up to date as per company requirements.
- Analyse new reporting requests related to reconciliation and generates and maintain the templates for reports.
- Responsibilities cover the inclusion of future projects into the reconciliation system: analyses new facilities and constructs the Sigmafine models required for the balancing of the systems and related reports and procedures.
- A Bachelor of Science degree (Chemical, Petroleum or Industrial Engineering).
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 8 years’ experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Experience of reconciliation concepts and tools: Job requires an expert in the field of data reconciliation gained from experience in developing and implementing similar systems through the application of complex practices and procedures.
- Experience in processing operations; operations; engineering; planning and scheduling; metering.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Hands-on experience in reconciliation software tools (such as Sigmafine) and plant data historians (Real Time Information systems, i.e. PI).
- Very good computer literacy skills including Microsoft Excel (advanced calculation), Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated capability to work effectively in a complex technical, commercial, multi-national, multi-cultural environment often under significant time pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel on a wide range of levels in the organisation.
- Capable to coach and train young Engineers and other personnel