About the role:
To provide commercial support in terms of Quantity surveying related services for the control of the Projects from feasibility study until handover to achieve successful delivery of the Projects within the time and budget.
Key accountabilities are:
- Quantity Surveying activities for Consultants and contractors involved for the Projects.
- Pre-contract stages – provide budget estimate & cost planning, cost control and monitor project cash flow forecast including capital cost and to establish project budget.
- Prepare the scope of Consultants scope, bills of quantities and tender documents.
- Procurement and tendering – Follow the Tendering & Procurement policies and procedures, carryout necessary approvals, pre-qualification process, tendering, assistance during tendering by tender queries, circulars, tender analysis, producing tender reports and compiling the contractual documents.
- Works effectively on contracted party(s) payments (evaluations), agreement of variations, extension of time assessment, any additional payments and finalization of final accounts.
- Review and process of Liquidated and ascertained damages (Penalties), retention monies and final valuation.
Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- To ensure that project objectives are met through the delivery of the project from feasibility until handover
- Personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on large projects ensuring timely and accurate valuations and variations takes place in accordance with the Contract terms and conditions.
- Interfacing with the stakeholders, contractors and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Conversant with contractual conditions, payment & variation administration, and advice on any contractual matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering discipline (preferably Civil), Quantity Surveying or equivalent obtained from a reputed University.
- RICS Certification/member or other relevant professional body preferred (not essential)
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of any Quantity surveying software (preferable).
- 6 to 10 years experience in a Quantity Surveying background is required with good knowledge of the construction industry.
- Previous experience with Clients/Consultants or major construction Contractors for projects value above 100m.
- Minimum 3 years working experience on major construction projects in the role of Quantity Surveyor in the Middle East.
- Familiar with forms of Contract including the JCT, NEC3, FIDIC, as well some best spoke forms.
- Excellent team player whilst also holding the ability to work independently on own initiative
- Good time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to encourage and support junior members of the Commercial Team