Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar.
This position is responsible for representing the firm in its dealings with relevant parties, from pre and post-contract awards and throughout the entire course of the construction activities.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Implementing commercial/contractual matters within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintaining proper and complete communication with the contractor and client’s site representatives on all project-related issues.
- Ensuring the terms of the contract are followed and managing supplemental agreements.
- Implementing cost controls and financial control procedures as outlined in the construction contracts.
- Assessing and reporting upon clients’ variations to the construction works and claims for changes from the contractors.
- Identifying performance issues that need to be brought to the attention of the commercial manager.
- Analyzing project variations and changes, prepare project reports, information for adjustments to project budget as necessary to assure a successful project for the client and the firm.
- Ability to measure works on site and from drawings including competence with electronic measurement systems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret contract conditions.
- Ability to understand, identify and assess project risks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of the Standard Method of Measurement of construction works.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 15 years of work experience with at least 8 years of experience working on roads and highways related projects and involvement in Design-Bid-Build contracts, partnered with a Bachelor degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering. MME/ UPDA License is required for this role.
Chartered status with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors will be viewed favorably.