Stantec is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support an underground parking lot as well as landscaping on the surface level in Doha.
Key Duties and Tasks:
- Experience in all facets of quantity surveying including cost planning, quantity take-off, preparation of bills of quantities in CESMM format, estimating, tender and contract document production, report writing, claim evaluation/ negotiation, general post contract administration, valuation of variations, agreement of new rates,
- Taking Over Certificates and Defects Liability.
- Assistance Project Managers on commercial matters
- Assistance in preparation, submission and agreement of interim payment applications to maximize the company’s cashflow
- Co-ordination to ensure contractual requirements are complied with
- General commercial management of sub-contractors
- Accurate and efficient measurement, identification and measurement of variations
- Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims
- Placing sub contact orders and agreement of subcontract final accounts
- Ensuring that income from interim applications is received on time
- Liaison and coordination to ensure the financial report is timely and accurate
Collaboration and working as part of a team
- Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
- Work under the direction of the Technical Lead;
- Conduct field inspections under the supervision of the Technical Lead, and Client Engineer representative.
Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and projects.
- Good communicator.
- Client Service Management
- Internal and external client liaison
- Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
- Experience in utility diversions and management
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the Resident Engineer
- B.Sc., B.Eng., BA, or equivalent from an internationally recognized University
- Professional Qualifications; e.g. MRICS.
- Minimum of 20 years of relevant experience, 7years of experience on a similar project.
- Should have extensive experience in the preparation of cost estimating, project whole life cycle costing, Net
- Present Value (NPV) calculations, budget cost estimates, cost-benefit analysis, detailed tender estimates, CESSM3 format bill of quantities (BoQ) and Schedules of Prices (SoP) etc, development of unit cost matrices etc.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: stantec.jobs.