General Description :
- Lead commercial role for the delivery of a Project(s)
- The position is responsible for the coordination of quantity surveying for preparation/reviewing of bills of quantities, rate analysis, and other commercial activities for the projects.
- The position is responsible for checking and certification of payments to the contractors and consultants
- Provide Quantity Surveying support related to the Project(s)
- Draft or review any contractual letters as required
- Attend all project meetings as required.
Skills and Competencies :
- Minimum 10 years of post-graduate experience
- Experience in major infrastructure projects or programs. Preference is given for roads, aviation, structures or rail experience.
- Contracts Management experience, including resolution of contractual matters
- Experience in Contract types including FIDIC and Government forms
- Experience of working with Design-Bid-Build and Design and Build Contracts in particular or working knowledge of the same
- Experience in contract formation and administration.
- Computer knowledge related to quantity surveying field
- Ability to manage and administer pre and / or post-contract requirements
- Experience in procurement management and tendering procedures
- Management of medium-sized multidisciplinary teams
- Management of service delivery based on a framework involving numerous stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Computer knowledge of software applications related to Quantity Surveying practice.
extensive experience in cost management, budgeting and expenditures.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for the preparation/reviewing Bills of Quantities
- Ensure contract document processing procedures are completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for reviewing and processing payments to contractors and consultants, variations and claims, and extensions of time
- To continually seek and capture lessons learned from the cost, financial, and procurement processes and use this intelligence to alter the process, tools and systems in order to improve the approach to delivering the projects
- Liaison with Contracts Department of Ashghal and Provide progress reports to Senior Commercial Manager, as required
- Track, manage and ensure commercial actions are completed in a timely manner
- Provide recommendation in processing requests for variation, addendum, an extension of time, claims etc. in accordance with Authority policies and procedures
- Administer the Supervision Consultant contract
- To engage claims specialists where required.
Qualifications & Criteria
- University degree from a recognized university in an appropriate field such as Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, Construction Management or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- Driver’s License.
- Position localization
- Minimum level of education required
- 4-Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science
- Minimum level of experience required
- Over 10 years
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: careers.egis-group.com.