The position is responsible to assure Quality by development, implementation and maintenance of Company Quality systems whilst continually improving the processes. To assure the quality by ensuring proactive checks and follow-up done across departments.
- Establish and maintain international standards for quality management and the HACCP system to ensure compliance with legal and company specifications.
- Manages laboratory functions to ensure cost-effective, timely, efficient analysis for achieving the on-time release of all products
- Undertake investigations, Quality awareness, and training programs to support continual improvement, activities are conducted in a safe manner and ensure competence.
- Leads the Quality professionals to ensure the effective application of quality management techniques
- Leads and develops action plans with production, engineering, and Quality Assurance to improve the product specifications, analytical procedures, and sampling programs.
- Verify product and process improvement through the implementation and analysis of statistically designed experiments and capability studies.
- Leads food safety and compliance audits
- Ensures all sanitation is complete and properly meets quality standards
- Designs and implements programs to monitor the calibration and accuracy of all analytical procedures and equipment in the plant.
- Ensures compliance with the chemical hygiene plan and proper safety practices by involving all employees in an effective safety program; provide training, periodic review of hazards, and timely correction of hazardous situations.
- Manages the interpretation of in-process and analytical data to make quality evaluations, recommend actions for improvement, and assure resolution. Challenge results and drive improvement.
- Leads risk assessment analysis throughout the plant.
- Manages issues with a non-conforming product to assure proper control, minimize losses, and provide analysis to drive the elimination of future occurrences.
- Provides training in the area of food science, regulatory requirements, and quality measurement systems to appropriate personnel
- Provides visionary insight for future business improvements.
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals.