About the job
Primary Objectives / Responsibilities
The Project Engineer is part of the Project management team and as such assists the Project Manager in the management functions of the project delegated to them. The primary responsibility for the Project Engineer is for the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical and commercial aspects of the work safely, with quality and within schedule and budget purposes.
The Project Engineer also ensures that the customer criteria and scope of work are being met by all engineering disciplines.
- Prepare Project Service Proposal /Project Execution.
- Day to day interaction with Project Manager and various stake holders to monitor and report project progress and commercial matters.
- Organize Design Reviews / 3D Models reviews / HAZOP(s) I HAZIDs and any other technical meetings required to deliver the project. Follow up closeout of mitigation actions in order to demonstrate ALARP.
- Adhere to Project Management of Change Procedures to sustain design integrity and effectively manage any relevant changes to ensure that the planned cost and schedule for the project is deliverable as agreed
- Assist Project Control in preparing Type II and Type III estimates
- Chairing Model review’s with customers and various stake holders
- Organize and assist in Risk workshops to ensuring, all known risks are identified, documented and Mitigation plans put in place. Assisting HSSE team in preparing Job Safety Assessment (JSA) for each task / work pack execution
- Check client design drawings and project specifications in conjunction with respective disciplines to identify scope creeps and assist project control Department in preparing variations orders.
- Coordinate and communicate with interdisciplinary functional departments on a daily basis with project purposes and scope of work.
- Review of technical for procurement / Subcontracts and providing recommendation for award approvals to Project Manager/C&P team.
- Assist team Prepare discrete scope of work (SOW) for sub-contractor and vendors.
- Coordinate for close out of technical queries and assist in early order placement.
- Liaising with Company TA’s for technical document review and approvals
- Coordinating with interdisciplinary functional departments to collect lessons learnt and Preparing project Completion report.
- Deliver Goal Zero on assigned projects with Focus on HSE, quality and process safety throughout the project lifecycle.
Essential Skills And Experience
- Education, Skills & Experience: BSc., University in Mechanical I Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 12 year’s experience in Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum 12 year’s experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas related project engineering position with multidiscipline work force