- Provide professional advice and guidance on division-specific financial, accounting, management accounting, tax and related issues, whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of the underlying principles, concepts and standards. Collect, analyze and present financial data both internally and externally.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Role is responsible for project accounting activities for projects.
- Major challenges of the role are (1) ensure information flows with multiple shareholders, (2) ensure an appropriate project accounting environment involving a high volume of transactions.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Review the reports and analyze direct and allocated project / operating cost.
- Analyze and update project summary reports such as green book, well-wise reports, IO vs WBS, and cost tracker reconciliations.
- Check inventory movement analysis and provide meaningful explanation on movements.
- Review project cost, invoices, SES for compliance with QG process and TOFA limits.
- Review and provide analysis required for monthly gross cost review with CFO. Address actions from meetings as required
- Ensure timely preparation and review project accruals and other accounting adjustment entries.
- Compile project cash forecasts to meet cash requirements. Manage timely preparation of funding/cash calls/ billing statements for the projects including analysis of actual cash expenditures vs cash call to optimize cash balances.
- Prepare account reconciliations when necessary and address queries from venture control explaining significant variances against budget.
- Support in developing WP&B guidelines and prepare inputs for all project and operating activities including headcount verification, expenditure phasing and validation with project plan.
- Compile WP&B packs for management and provide meaningful analysis comparing pervious submission against current year WP&B. Assist in closure of shareholder queries when required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Commerce.
- Internationally recognised professional accounting qualification (CPA, CIMA or equivalent).
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 5 years of Accounting and Finance experience.
- Prior experience working with Projects related business units.
- Thorough knowledge of SAP FI/CO. Experience and knowledge in BPC, BW or Projects System.
- Commitment to ensure organizational compliance with QG Financial Control Procedures.