- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Petroleum Engineering from a recognized university. Relevant plus years of relevant upstream oil and gas industry experience.
- Exposure to all stages of the offshore oil & gas project life cycle and to operating assets is essential.
- Proven experience in working with engineering contractors.
- Good sense of team spirit leadership, strong interpersonal & soft communication skills.
- Fluent in English – both spoken and written.
- Assure and promote the application of COMPANY HSE, Safety and Process Engineering rules and standards.
- Promote safety culture within COMPANY personnel and contractors and proactively report observations.
- Ensure the safety of personnel and installations as well as protection of the environment during the execution of his/her activities.
- Participate in Risk analysis as required for the work.
- Participate in HAZOPS/ HAZID’s,/ SIL Assessment, Risk Assessments and JSA’s when required.
- Scope and development: Perform checks and accept, FEED and detailed engineering studies in the frame of process-related modifications to existing or new installations performed in-house or subcontracted.
- Prepare/review the scopes of work for the same.
- Provide input, support, and participation to/in engineering safety reviews and be responsible for action resolution.
- Execute and/or coordinate necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions.
- Inputs to the technical review of bidders’ proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly.
- Develop innovative solutions and seek out technologies that can reduce risk, minimize lifecycle costs, increase productivity or improve uptime/efficiency.
- Review FEED and EPC Contractors’ engineering drawings, designs and make necessary modifications or recommendations.
- Draw up and cross-check relevant procedures, international standards and COMPANY standards.
- Ensure that best (process) engineering practices, lessons learned and know-how are employed in carrying out all activities.
- Contribute to the safe, timely and on-budget completion of FDBN1 project.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a professional manner and in compliance with COMPANY values, policies, specifications and procedures.
- Provide assurance that FEED and EPC Contractor deliverables are in-line with COMPANY HSE, Safety and Process
- Engineering rules, standards and international codes
- Undertake quality and safety audits of projects, worksites and contractors’ organizations as required.