**Preference to be given to Qatari Applicants
Job Summary and Purpose
Support in development and implementation of NAKILAT’s overall corporate communications strategy and programs. Support Head of PR for various tasks and activities for PR department.
Support in plan and organize the delivery of NAKILAT’s various events in line with the organization’s overall strategy and ensure it reflects the required image
1. Assist in developing all written communications for the Public Relations Department, NAKILAT Voyages (in-house newsletter), NAKILAT Annual Report, corporate brochures & collateral materials, reports, press releases etc. This includes translation of written and promotional materials, where required.
2. Write and produce all stories, articles, and news for external distribution. Review and edit stories, articles and copy produced by third party writers and journalists for external audiences, in both English and Arabic
3. Develop, write, and ensure the accuracy and content of NAKILAT website and social media accounts.
4. Support the Head of PR in in writing and reviewing the NAKILAT portal and selects the relevant stories, news items and pictures to be used in reporting the news and current events.
5. Support the Head of PR in organizing and managing all Joint Ventures’ written communications as well as management of graphical projects (e.g. presentations, flyers, posters, etc.)..
6. Act under the supervision of the Head of PR, to coordinate with local and international media bodies on the necessary Media coverage for NAKILAT’s activities and press release. This includes routine update of the media contact list.
7. Handle company media monitoring and distribution., including periodic reporting of statistics
8. Support the PR Department in crisis communication and emergency response drills/exercises and events.
9. Ensure all media releases and other external communication materials are of high quality and fit for purpose.
10. Support the production of all communication material in coordination with Head of PR and act as the custodian of maintaining and monitoring the usage of NAKILAT’s branding, internally and externally.
11. Take the lead in any photo or video/film productions for Nakilat or any of its Joint Ventures, under the supervision of the Head of PR.
12. Support the Head of PR in writing copies and preparing layouts for all advertisements, banners, greetings, condolences etc. for local and international newspapers, magazines and publications.
13. Build and sustain effective working relationships with government departments and agencies, media, stakeholders, and Q-companies (i.e. Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, etc.) to support company objectives and help meet communications needs.
14. Support Head of PR in organizing and managing all NAKILAT and Joint Ventures’ events including Ras Laffan Industrial City visits.
15. Support Head of PR to plan, organize and direct the activities of the Events to ensure that services are provided efficiently and effectively.
16. Support Head of PR to ensure proper delivery of NAKILAT events and take appropriate proactive and reactive measure in case of deviations from set plans.
17. Support Head of PR to establish NAKILAT’s calendar of events through liaising with key stakeholders while ensuring compliance with pre-set budget and branding guidelines.
18. Build and maintain good relationships and external contact at national and international levels with peer companies such as Qatar Petroleum, QG and other Qatari companies in addition to conferences’ planning & management organizations.
19. Handle event administration such as sending out invitations and arranging for transportation as required.
20. Inspect event facilities when applicable, to ensure that they reflect customer requirements and event goals.
21. Participate in the negotiating contracts with major vendors that are being dealt with from an events’ management perspective.
22. In coordination with the Head of PR, manage the relationship with external event management agencies for the delivery of events, if required, and monitor their performance and take necessary actions.
23. Research and execute events in a creative and different ways to raise NAKILAT’s exposure.
24. Consult with relevant internal and external parties to determine objectives and requirements of the different events to align event plans with those requirements.
25. Support Head of PR to plan the provision of all needed resources to support events, including venue, caterer, equipment, presentations, printed materials, promotional items, staff uniforms, security, etc.