About the job
- Responsible for performing piping design activities using project approved “in house” 3D CAD (SP3D) modelling and 2D drafting systems.
- Specific Accountabilities
- Produce the various discipline deliverables to the agreed schedule.
- Apply recognised offshore engineering practices applicable to piping design and topside/plant layout.
- Apply good interpersonal skills, liaising with members of other disciplines and departments.
- Apply an awareness and willingness to work as a team member
- Quality Assurance – work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures
Job Specific Knowledge
- Personnel shall have the specified minimum project experience in process plants, mainly Oil & Gas and shall be knowledgeable of the applicable Engineering codes and standards.
- Read and understand technical drawings.
- Able to prepare basic piping engineering drawings.
- Able to perform detailed, advanced drafting autonomously.
- Conversant with brownfield engineering principles and ability to incorporate them into design.
- Understands Hydrocarbon processing and process diagrams (PFD’s/P&ID’s), can incorporate into 3D models.
- Selects most efficient design and layout with respect to offshore engineering
- Competent in the use of 2D & 3D software and developing skills in design software
Industry Specific Experience
- Minimum of 10-years project experience in Design and engineering of Piping and process equipments.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Trade Apprenticeship, Certificate, Diploma, Advance Diploma of Engineering Technology in Mechanical/Piping discipline
- 2D Software: AutoCAD, Micro-Station
- 3D Software: PDS, S3D / PDMS, E3D
- 3D Review Software: Navisworks, SPR
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power point