Support HOD/Lead Engineer to manage the department, and act as Senior Civil/Structural Engineer for projects to support strategic business growth.
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Carry out assigned discipline engineering activities within the team. Supervise and assist engineers and designers as required with their tasks
- Manage assigned work to meet project needs. Proactively work with other team members to ensure project goals are met.
- Ensure technical integrity of work, consistency of work quality and that all work is carried out in accordance with applicable codes and standards, procedures and the basis of design.
- Ensure all interfaces (inter-discipline, client, implementation, fabrication, vendor, etc.) are identified and managed in the execution of all projects.
- Work proactively with the team to resolve issues.
- Accept responsibility for scopes of work and manage delivery and change.
- Work with Lead Engineers/Designers to resolve the issues.
- Safety aspects of design in relation to the project cycle; e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, HAZAN, IPF classification methodology and implementation, reliability studies, Fire & Gas mapping and risk analysis techniques.
- Quality Assurance and Control requirements of the design process.
What you will bring
- The incumbent shall have a minimum number of 12 years (+) experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in working in Greenfield offshore projects involving analyses and detailing of topsides and jacket is mandatory.
- Practical experience relevant to his/her grade in design and construction engineering, including offshore installation of jackets, decks, bridges and modules and have a comprehensive knowledge of:
- Design Techniques in Structural Steel Engineering including finite element analysis and associated computer software.
- Design and fabrication detail drawings.
- Detail cost estimation and budget.
- Codes of practice for Structural Steelwork erection and welding applications.
- Installation of Jacket structures, piles, decks and modules.
- Weighing Procedures and Structures COG calculations.
- Lifting Equipment Selection including offshore derrick barge cranes.
- Relevant International Standards and Codes of Practice normally used in Oil and Gas industries including, but not limited to API, AISC, BS, ISO, EN, DNV.
In addition to that, it is also desirable to have Practical Experience relevant to the design and construction of onshore structures which includes Buildings-related to Gas plant/downstream refineries, storage tanks, pipe racks, equipment foundations, Technological Structures, plant roads & drainages etc.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
Full-time Bachelor degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited university
Experience in the middle east (particularly ADMA-OPCO / ZADCO/ QP) offshore projects will be of advantage.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: worleyparsons.taleo.net.