About the job
The incumbent will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related network and security. The job holder will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the network and security vertical, and ensure that hardware, operating systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values. The job holder will assist the project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and planning phases of standard Project Management Methodology. The incumbent will support in effective initiation, planning, design, implementation and maintenance phases of network and security related projects across Qatar, India, Kuwait and UAE.
- Manage administration of Bank’s network infrastructure to ensure uninterrupted availability to support Bank’s functions.
- Ensuring that networks have maximum uptime, providing fast and reliable connectivity for all sites in Qatar and overseas locations.
- Good technical knowledge of overall network and security infrastructure, written communication abilities, problem-solving skills.
- Network Engineer to work in closed coordination with Network Technician for day-to-day operational support and issue resolution.
- Install and configure network and security appliances in accordance with standards and project /operational requirements.
- Ensure updating and maintaining technical documentation covering network and security infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain installation and procedures like SOP, MOP for major change request.
- Assist IT Management in planning and budgeting for Bank’s network and security infrastructure.
- Assist in capacity planning and management, configuration management, change management and release management.
- Handle escalation of support issues where required as per defined procedures
- Perform daily monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all required critical hardware and key processes.
- Responsible for management and updating of all network and security assets and configuration items.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Apply security standards on cloud infrastructure.
- Handle migration, cleanup and decommissioning of legacy network environment.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Follow the audit, compliance and procedural control measures set by the management.
Qualification & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or in Computer Science, Information Systems, or any other related discipline from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in Management any other related discipline from a recognized university.
- 06-10 years of total experience in financial services/banking industry, entailing responsibilities pertaining to the specific area of discipline.
- Significant experience of managing, troubleshooting, installing, configuring, and supporting all network equipment e.g. router, switches, firewalls and wireless network to ensure network availability and security.
- Significant experience of capacity management and planning for procuring network equipment like routers or switches, which provides the best possible efficiency in an office’s IT infrastructure.
- Significant experience of integration and supporting various banking systems and services hosted on Windows platform.
- Demonstrated implementation and migration experience in large production-critical environment, banking is preferred.
- Experience working with SOC platform like LogRhythm
- Hands-on experience working on various security assessment and fixing.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools like Cisco Prime
- Product experience of Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000, 9000, 3000, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 9500, 9300, 3000, 2900, 3700, 3600, Cisco ASR, Cisco ISR, Cisco 1900, Cisco 1800, Cisco 3900, Cisco 800, Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, Cisco WLC, F5, Forcepoint, Cisco FTD/FPR, ASA, Stealth watch, Bluecoat
- In-depth knowledge of configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, DMVPN, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP model
- Knowledge of Banking Industry fundamentals Understand global /local market trends
- ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 20000
- PCI-DSS framework
- CCIE Routing & Switching (mandatory)
- CCNP/CCIE Security (preferred)