About the job
You will provide mechanical engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the mechanical engineering team.
- Deliver mechanical engineering services that meet Worley’s, its customers’ and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise mechanical engineering project requirements.
- If required, act as the mechanical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assigning tasks and supervising progress;and
- Ensure the required services meet Worley,its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer’s requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the mechanical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the mechanical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Technical discussions with the client, project manager and other discipline leads to resolve the project issues
- Preparation of equipment data sheets
- Preparation of specification
- Preparation of requisitions
- Technical evaluation of vendor bids and evaluation report
- Vendor document review
- Coordination with other disciplines
- Preparation of other technical reports as required by the project
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Worley Quality Assurance system
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices
- Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
What you will bring
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- Sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of mechanical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of mechanical engineering-specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in mechanical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Good understanding of relevant international codes and standards e.g API, ASME, TEMA, NACE, BS etc.
- Pressure vessel code calculations
- Good communication and technical writing skills in the English language
- Work is performed in accordance with broad technical guidelines and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them
- Working experience in an engineering consultancy in a multidiscipline environment
- +12 Years design experience in the static equipment discipline for Oil & Gas environment
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A full-time Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering from an accredited university.