About the job
Project: This is a mixed-use project in the heart of Qatar.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior project manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
The role involves the management of civil engineering projects during planning, design, and construction. This will include supervision of subcontractors, attendance at project progress meetings, and monitoring of compliance with applicable codes and standards.
The role will require candidates to work effectively in a client-facing environment.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Managing with the support of their team, and consultants required for inputs to the master planning, including but not limited to, master planning consultants, traffic consultants, architecture and/or landscaping, and consultant studies.
- Managing the implementation of strategic planning and improvements to the master plan and overall goals of the development.
- Organizing and obtaining information with the cooperation of the technical team, from project stakeholders and consultants, to provide complete information to prospective investors.
- Be well versed with major building/ construction technologies and materials, and the associated timelines for construction and design services.
- Providing informed land allocation solutions for Investors that target their specific needs and requirements.
- Managing the land allocation process and pipeline outlook for both RBF and UAH free zones, and providing weekly updates of available land, reserved land, and land on hold.
- Providing BD with up-to-date information regarding Investor opportunities that are approved to be allocated land or other space.
- Providing BD with land proposals for approved investors.
- Developing scopes of work (SoW) and managing the review of final documentation for new projects.
- Providing completed project initiation forms for various projects that have been raised and approved by senior management.
- Keeping abreast of current technology and international master planning and urban design best practices as well as construction practices, for Qatar and the wider middle east.
- Preparing and presenting various presentations regarding land availability for various opportunities which are being considered by senior management.
- Checking the adequacy of designs produced by others, to ensure fitness for purpose, in terms of providing safe / environmentally acceptable facilities, and are in line with project scope and brief. Verifying that the projects being designed comply with the latest updates and planning requirements and are in line with the QFZA’s current master plans for all zones.
You have a relevant architect with technical master planning qualifications; a minimum of 15 years required relevant experience.