The Senior Manager Marketing conceptualises and leads all Brand Marketing activities, e-commerce Marketing and In-flight Duty Free activities. Develops a strong and close relationship with Purchasing, Retail Operations, SVP & Qatar Airways Group Business Managers. The individual will be one of the key advisors to SVP for overall strategic direction and business opportunities, playing a large role in the executive Management team. Is required to build and manage the marketing support staff and all marketing, promotional and business development activities in a manner that maximises volume, revenue and profit opportunities for Qatar Duty Free/Qatar Airways In-flight Duty Free that includes (but is not restricted to) vendor funded promotional budgets.
Key Accountabilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Formulate marketing business plans for all business area assigned under (QDF and IFDF) enabling them to reach their commercial objectives.
- Undertake continuous market research and sales analyses, analysis of the competitive environment and market trends, sty competitor promotions and offerings, conceptualise, establish and monitor marketing strategy to increase overall exposure of the QDF brand and supplier brands to consumers to increase Market penetration, sales revenues and profitability.
- Develop and implement the business brand strategy. Further define and articulate the organisation’s brand values, image, successfully positioning the business as a clearly differentiated industry leader to consumers, suppliers and to potential and existing employees.
- Employ the full range of promotional techniques including campaigns, events, digital marketing, sponsorship and advertising, advancing QDF’s image and market profile globally, applying them in a broad range of relevant market contexts.
- Evaluate and benchmarks organisation performance from the end user point of view, analysis and interprets result disseminating findings into actionable strategies.
- Direct and co-ordinate the activities of Brand Management, Business Development and sponsorship activities towards attainment of marketing goals and objectives with allotted budgets.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Review analysis of activations, cost, and forecast data for all areas of marketing responsibility.
- Explore options and strategies to plan activities that can win awards for QDF and QR IFDF business.
- Track industry trends and develop appropriate market responses handling all PR and Corporate Communications requirements of the company
- Strategizing based on market trends in the retail industry, understanding customer requirements and monitoring competitor activities.
- Initiating changes to improve the business systems to ensure the airport Duty Free business and the on-board Duty Free business can compete effectively in the region and globally as well.
- Educate, guide and monitor the marketing department to ensure consistent execution of brand guidelines and value additions to the business.
- Direct and assist in the operations of the In-flight Duty Free business, ensuring its commercial success with route analysis, cabin crew and customer promotions
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with minimum 10 year’s relevant experience; or
- High School/Diploma or equivalent with minimum 12 years’ relevant experience
- Professional Chartered Marketer (CIM) or Professional Qualifications in international business or similar field are preferred
- Understanding of broad marketing concepts
- Complete Product knowledge and the market practices of travel retail industry.
- Computer savvy and working knowledge of Design packages.
- Travel Industry or prior Retail/Brand Management an advantage.
- Fluency in English to a management presentation level.
- Able to develop/build relationships and interact effectively with partners at a senior level.
- Influencing, communication, presentation and negotiating skills, both internally and externally.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- At least 10 years’ experience in managing and executing marketing related activities, advertising agency with at least 5 years in a senior management role.
- Excellent exposure in B2B and B2C marketing activities.
- Experience in a Multinational Advertising Agency in a Senior Account Management role/ marketing agency is preferred.
- Demonstrated successful track record in creating and executing effective outbound marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Must have extensive budget management experience and exposure to P&L responsibility.
- Must also have technical knowledge in Print, Production, Web and A/V Media.