About Your Job
The position is responsible for defining the Qatar Airways IT End User strategy as well as Computing Technologies Landscape, including designing, testing, planning, implementing and maintaining End User Computing Technologies and devices for the QR group and subsidiary organizations. The position is also responsible for directing IT services support to QR Executives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop an overall strategy to design, evaluate, test and implement optimal, robust and highly secured End user computing platform for Qatar Airways, subsidiaries and out stations
- Develop strategy to automate customer services delivery functions in order to minimize manpower requirements whilst ensuring consistent, reliable and efficient services delivery to customers (Qatar Airways and subsidiaries staff).
- Continuously look at avenues for process improvements and more automation in order to reduce man power requirements and Adopt emerging technologies in the area of end user computing.
- Develop efficient Helpdesk support model by streamlining and automating the processes and tasks related to IT Service Desk team and End User Services team enabling a high class customer service experience.
- Manage the IT assets lifecycle of large and various types of IT equipment.
- Manage and provide 24×7 IT support coverage Executive management of Qatar Airways.
- Manage all the contracts and procurement processes related to end user computing and customer services delivery areas.
- Provide technical support to application/ software development teams to evaluate, test, benchmark and procure suitable end user devices such as PCs, laptops, tablets, MFPs, AV Technology, etc.
- Ensure that the EUT team sets a standard process for IT peripherals to comply with baseline IT security standards, in order to ensure secure and reliable access to end users for accessing application services.
- Ensure that software licenses for end user devices are audited and managed properly in order to be legally compliant on vendor license policies.
- Responsible to Implement and Maintain Software Deployment infrastructure for remote and mass deployments achieving standardization and cost efficiencies.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams’ objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams’ objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Lead and develop the teams to enhance internal competency and reduce dependency on internal teams and external vendor dependence.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 10 years of job-related experience
- Must have extensive proven experience in Airline IT Service Delivery & Service Support aspects.
- Expert in End-User Technologies and Computing Domain
- ITIL process experience and proven Man management skills of managing multiple Service Support teams.
- A minimum of 8 years should have been spent managing multiple IT Customer Support teams in the aviation industry.