Will provide strategic leadership, direction and management oversight to overall outbound Discover Qatar. Responsible for developing consolidated Discover Qatar strategy on sales, Marketing, Products, Hotel contracting, E-commerce and systems.
Oversee the optimal functioning of the B2B, B2C system with multiple points of sales. The role will be responsible for improving the performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of the departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective and strategies. Ensuring that the service provided fully satisfies all standards procedures as enforced by regulatory bodies and up to the highest applicable industry standards.
- Develop strategic plans for the growth, profitability and increased market share of Discover Qatar.
- Propose the annual sales and revenue budget down to POS level.
- Ensure profitable operation to include developing and overseeing strategic growth initiatives, margin enhancement and maintaining consistency throughout operational areas of Discover Qatar.
- Oversee the development of outbound and inbound products including but not limited to Tours, excursions, accommodation etc. to increase revenue streams.
- Collaborate with DQ marketing joints partnerships with third parties especially QNTC.
- Continue the development of the inbound division leveraging off the QNTC partnership to build Discover Qatar as the leading DMC in Qatar.
- Drive the hotel contracting program ensuring maximum partners and greatest value for Discover Qatar.
- Identifies and develops industry best-practice improvements to systems, processes and structure to enhance operational effectiveness.
- To define, design and implements the full range of E-commerce products in line with overall commercial strategy.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years of job-related experience
- At least 8-10 years in the TMC
- Experience in tourism and hospitality in a managerial role.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong understanding of the travel market
- Good understanding of the distribution models and key distribution players.
- Ability to analyze market trends & implement new business processes & revenue streams.