About the role
In this interesting role, you will be leading the Maintenance Department by being responsible for planning, organizing and ensuring smooth functioning of department in terms of resource and work allocation to ensure the effective operation of the QACC building and equipment. You will provide support and direction to the maintenance team developing the work schedules against the available resources ensuring all activities are carried out without violating food safety standards of the organization and is as per customer specification. You will ensure the maintenance activities are completed in time and submit the daily / monthly reports to management. You will be coordinating with FM (Facilities Management) contractor to ensure that all the maintenance needs are met and comply with business requirements.
To achieve success in this role you will need to:
- Implement the planned preventative maintenance programme for the QACC building and equipment. Plan all works to ensure maximization of all resources.
- Assist in the development of the department annual budget. Responsible for planning and budgeting of resources such as tools, equipment and manpower based on the requirements.
- Carry out critical fault analysis to identify the cause of equipment failure and implement preventive strategies.
- Implement the department Safe Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Maintenance Policy Manual and ensure all staff comply with the same. Revision of SSOPs (Safe Standard Operating Procedures) for all Maintenance activities. Conduct reviews of the faults reported and develop plans to mitigate.
- Conduct audits of the departments work procedures and standards for continual improvement.
- Prepare monthly reports on the set objectives and department performance.
- Present business cases on the maintenance priorities for the business to the management.
- Implement the project plans for medium and large projects and ensure timelines are met.
- Implement risk management and develop contingency plan from general maintenance, equipment maintenance and facility maintenance perspectives.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the airside operations to guarantee employee safety, corporate security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude. Comply with all laws, regulations and procedures defined by QAS and customer airlines.
- Ensure the identification of hazards, reporting of occurrences and risks to ensure safety and security of the operations.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Prepare the maintenance department shift rosters to ensure the optimum utilization of available manpower.
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Efficient handling and maintaining interpersonal relations with internal and external customers
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery. Will assess requirement and plan to budget and recruit qualified and technically experienced man power.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place. Plan, organize and review the technical training requirement for all employees. Ensure staff are trained and developed to maintain skill sets to deliver the organizations standards.
You should have at least a bachelor’s degree qualification and a minimum 4 years of job-related experience in a similar role.
In addition, you will have the following job-specific skills:
- Foresight and plan resources required for expansion of the department according to the growth of the unit.
- Knowledge of Material Management Systems for Engineering store inventory.
- Knowledge of computer systems like MS office, MS Project and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point).
- Good spoken and written English.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.