As Lead Offshore Structural Engineer you will be responsible for the definition and design of offshore structural engineering analysis and design of topsides and associated substructures.
- Overall supervision of structural engineers.
- Technical competence of structural personnel.
- Forecast requirements for structural engineering resources and allocate those resources.
- Structural design integrity of work scope and maintenance of standards.
- Identify structural software necessary to enable the structural group to function effectively.
- Interdisciplinary communication development.
- Structural group communication development.
- Prepare structural discipline person-hour estimates to perform project tasks.
- Check compliance with Alliance QA/safety/environment goals.
- Manage structural engineering design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards and revise where applicable.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity-enhancing initiatives.
- Promote career development within the group.
- Identify and review new technology development, which could be applicable in providing more cost-effective facilities.
- Technical supervision of project designated structural designers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties.
- Prepare weekly structural progress and expenditure reports on a project-specific basis.
- Benchmark structural design/drafting to identify areas of improvement.
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Project.
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Project. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Applicants require experience in working in a structural engineering team within a large multi-disciplined project team.
- The role mandates previous experience in minimum facility platform design and including both the substructure and topsides and bridges.
- A comprehensive understanding of structural analysis in the areas of dynamic loading and resistance, collapse analysis, spectral fatigue analysis, fire and explosion design, reliability-based analysis, dropped objects etc. is essential.
- A full-time degree Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Structural) from an accredited university
- At least 14 years of Engineering experience.
- At least 8 years in a Senior position leading offshore engineering and design teams
- Strong analysis skills with SAC’s and USFOS
- Strong administrative and management experience.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status is preferred.