Qatar Mobility Innovations Center
One Year Contract Position (renewable based on mutual interest). Preference is given to candidates based in Qatar.
Target Start Date: Immediately
The Qatar Mobility Innovations Center (QMIC), invites applications for a Senior Java Developer to join our Platform Development & Delivery group in our state-of-the-art offices at the Qatar Science and Technology Park. The group mandate is to design, develop and deploy state-of-the-art and scalable software platforms and solutions in the areas of Smart Cities, Intelligent Mobility, and Internet-of-Things.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Java Developer include but not limited to:
- Designing and developing new software modules for QMIC’s platforms & solutions according to QMIC’s product roadmap while meeting strict deadlines. The design is expected to be done in a way that best ensures that functional requirements are met whilst also ensure that service qualities (performance, scalability, extensibility and security) for now and for the future are achievable;
- Realize the Data Model design by developing high quality and fast SQL queries;
- Realize the detailed design by doing high-quality Java coding and web-services;
- Develop automated unit testing using JUnit framework;
- Participate in Peer reviews and Code reviews
- Transfer knowledge and know-how to other developers;
- Implement and maintain software applications using a variety of tools and solutions;
- Ability to research new technologies, tools and solutions resulting in new and interesting ideas for our products, services and processes.
- As needed, carry our SW development activities in support of other QMIC solutions
- Collaborate with business, engineering and product development teams
BSc in Computer Science or Engineering (MSc in Computer Science highly desirable)
At least 4 years of relevant software development and design experience with increasing levels of responsibility
Technical Skills – Must Have:
- Very good understanding and hands-on experience in Java and automated unit testing. Java certification will be a plus;
- Very good understanding and hands-on experience in Object-Oriented (OO) Design & programming (OO Design patterns);
- Very good understanding and hands-on experience in SQL (You should be able to write a complex query without problem);
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols (TCP, UDP, RMI, HTTP) and web services (REST, SOAP, XML, ideally Sun Metro);
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix based operating systems (RedHat, Debian) and shell scripting;
- Frameworks: Spring, Spring-integration, Hibernate, Log4J;
- UML (having experience in Enterprise Architect tool is a plus);
- Knowledge of advanced web technologies (XML query, XSLT);
- JBoss 6.0 +;
SVN.Technical Skills – Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of JIRA, Crucible;
- EJB, JSP, JSF;
- Security (HTTPs, SSL/TLS, X.509 Certificate);
- No-SQL based database technologies (Hadoop, Cassandra, MondoDB).
- Good English communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Experience working independently or as part of a team and collaborative environment.
The position is available immediately.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.