Aurecon provides world-class engineering, management and specialist technical services for government and private sector clients globally. Our vision is to foster human achievement and our partnerships with clients make a daily difference to the communities in which we live and work. We work on projects in over 30 countries across the Middle East , ANZ and Asia. We empower our people to make a difference through innovation and teamwork and our projects are recognized internationally for technical and engineering excellence by independent industry awards.
Due to on-going growth, an exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Civil Engineer to join the Infrastructure group based within our Qatar office. This role provides a unique opportunity to work with an enthusiastic and diverse team, on a wide range of infrastructure-related projects, within a large portfolio of multidisciplinary markets.
This role will allow you to become a major component of the local Infrastructure group. As a Senior Civil Engineer, you should have the ability and confidence to be client-facing and lead the resource group to deliver an outstanding service to our highly valued client base.
Working closely with our regional sector leaders, you will play a key role in project delivery, from understanding and scoping work, through to technical design and delivery of major Infrastructure projects. You will be expected to take responsibility for driving projects forward, supporting more junior staff as required, and to be the first point of contact with our key clients.
To be successful you will have:
- A valid Grade A, MMUP Civil Engineering registration in Qatar;
- BSc / BENG or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute;
- CEng, PE, Peng or equivalent Chartership;
- Minimum demonstrable experience of 4 years as Chartered Engineer;
- 15 years of demonstrable relevant experience in design and construction of infrastructure projects, with satisfactory experience in all related disciplines;
- Very good knowledge and experience with international and GCC design and construction code;
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills;
- Demonstrable experience of Qatari Services Authorities requirements, coordination and design approval;
- Working knowledge of written and spoken Arabic would be advantageous;
- Qualification in project management is considered an advantage;
- Satisfactory exposure to international and GCC conditions of Engagement / Contract;
- Produce detailed designs and documentation for the implementation of engineering projects;
- Preparation of calculations required for the design of engineering projects;
- Preparation of specifications, proposals and other tender documentation;
- Competency in locally relevant Design Software such as Civil 3D, Bentley Systems, Drainage software etc;
- Liaison with clients, sub-consultants, architects and contractors;
- Strong communication, presentation skills, teamwork and self-motivation;
- Contribute to the development and growth of the Infrastructure Team in The Middle East;
- Establish and develop relationships with international clients in the local market; and
- Geotechnical engineering exposure will be viewed favourably while working knowledge of American and Qatar Codes is desired.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: www.linkedin.com.