About the job
Project: Secondment of staff and on call professional services for the airport expansion project.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking HSE manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
This is an opportunity to work on a complex, long-term airport development scheme.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Planning, managing and guiding the development and implementation of health and safety policies, strategies, programs and standards across all PMC programme functions.
- Recommending strategic direction for all elements of the health and safety programme.
- Keeping staff fully informed of the PMC health and safety programme and applicable legislative requirements.
- Ensuring that occupational safety strategy plan is prepared and shared with all stakeholders on behalf of PMT.
- Inspecting conformity of all operations practiced to current and local occupational safety laws and specifications.
- Implementing and communicating the environmental policy.
- Managing incident reporting and investigations in conjunction with the principal contractor(s)/engineer.
- Carrying out independently regular site safety inspections – record observations and suggested improvements.
- Being key point of contact regarding in house safety system, YellowJacket.
- Assisting with the implementation of QHSE policies, procedures, guidance notes and standards.
- Assisting with QHSE compliance registers in the country of operation.
- Assisting with audits for ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001; and other applicable standards.
- Assisting in the creation and coordination of annual audits and inspection schedules for accounts, undertake and provide support for operational.
- Promoting the QHSE management systems to all staff.
- Identifying and communicating areas of improvement and best practice.
- Highlighting any risks and suggest mitigating corrective actions.
- Being a proactive in all activities and work flexibly to support account teams.
You have a degree qualification in construction, civil engineering, and are a member of a professional body.