Duties And Responsibilities
- Advise and assist the most senior construction site representative in the establishment and management of ESHARP Management and Parsons SH&E processes, identifying and eliminating/controlling any hazards to persons and property.
- Advise and supervise Contractors in a broad range of safety and health hazard preventions and enforcement to the Contractors and project personnel’s on sites.
- Audit and Inspect the job site to detect and correct safety hazards.
- Supervise first aid personnel in providing first aid care of occupationally injured or ill personnel.
- Audit the job accident records and periodically prepares an audit report of these records.
- Initiate and conduct accident investigations and prepares job accident reports.
- Represent management during safety inspections of the job site by regulatory authorities or company insurance carriers.
- Receive, review and distribute safety inspection reports with recommended corrective actions.
- Provide oversight to the new hire safety orientation process and other safety related training.
- Conducts risk assessments for upcoming work and provides technical assistance to the safety planning process.
- Coordinate closely with Client’s Quality, Health and Safety Department on Safety requirement and reporting to minimize work construction disruption on site.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Experience And Qualifications
- Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience, of which 7 years in similar surface & groundwater networks projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Health & Safety/ Environmental Management
- Membership of internationally recognized Safety Association e.g. NEBOSH, etc.
- Hold valid certificate in First Aid/ Hazard Assessment (Entry to confined spaces, underground structures and works).
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental regulations, requirements for construction projects and awareness of all hazards likely to existing construction sites. Confined space training, proven updated engineering knowledge via continuous training particularly as to Health, Safety and Environmental issues are required
- Must possess leadership skills to manage and motivate a team of H&S Inspectors.
- Proactive acumen and an ability to manage multiple working areas on site are essential.